As a member of the team, the Supply Chain Manager, reporting to the VP of Manufacturing and Operations, will be responsible for working with the department head on developing and executing against the overall strategy for supply chain logistics and distribution operations of the company. This individual will also have oversight for ERP, MRP and 3rd party ship management systems. This oversight will include function specific consultants and no current direct reports. This individual will help establish supply chain logistics and distribution policies to improve processes and product quality, including inbound and outbound infrastructure oversight to meet the business’ commitments.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Overall
- Manage the supply chain day-to-day function
- Implement supply chain processes to enhance customer satisfaction
- Formulate and revise related policies and promote their implementation
- Assess KPI’s, metrics, and statistics and prepare detailed reports and analysis on the findings
- Oversee and evaluate the function’s ongoing training efforts
- Improve the supply chain experience, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth
- Take ownership of supply chain issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission’
- Recruit, mentor and develop personnel and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Keep ahead of the industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Supply Chain Lead
- Design and implement methods to gather and manage supply chain data
- Research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment and distribution procedures and methods
- Review and analyze gathered data to locate what areas in the supply chain process to target for improvement
- Research partner companies and seek to negotiate best-price contracts to increase business value
- Assist in promoting a positive image and inter-business relationship with business partners and vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure the company is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence on cGMP, supplier quality management, and safety.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and optimization of supply chain related systems.
- Establish goals and objectives in coordination with corporate objectives, and manage performance to ensure attainment
- Work to provide solutions to leadership when presented with supply chain concerns.
This is a hands-on Player/Coach role. Very small organization, and this person will take responsibility for buying/purchasing, working with suppliers, working with ERP to create easy flow from manufacturing to supplier.